Two major concerns in maintaining your swimming pool include cleaning and safety
Most of us have periods when we are not using our swimming pool as much, for instance during the winter months. At this time, you should watch for the following problems that may occur:
- Pool Cleaning. Leaves, dirt and other flotsam may enter your pool, making it necessary for you to clean regularly. This can especially be a problem during the autumn and winter months.
- Water Levels. In order for your pool to function correctly, and make sure that the filter doesn’t break, you should try to maintain the optimal water level for your pool. If you are using your swimming pool less regularly you may not pay as much attention to the water level in your swimming pool, which may result in problems.
- Pool Safety. Even during the months when you use your swimming pool less regularly, you should still make sure that your pool is safe, and ensure that children or animals cannot enter your pool.
The Benefits of Swimming Pool Covers:
To counter these problems, most people opt to buy a swimming pool cover or pool net. A swimming pool cover can be helpful in several ways, including:
- Keeping your pool clean. If you use a swimming pool cover when it is out of use, you can make sure that debris doesn’t enter your pool, reducing the amount of cleaning that is necessary. All debris that collects on top of the pool cover can easily be swept off.
- Maintains water levels. By covering your swimming pool with a swimming pool cover, you can reduce the amount of water that is lost, and help to maintain the water level of your pool. Water is mainly lost through evaporation. Swimming pool covers practically eliminate the effects of evaporation, resulting in a much reduced problem.
- Helps with Pool Safety. In addition to other methods of pool safety (for examples, pool fencing), a pool cover makes the pool less inviting, as it is clear that it is closed. In addition, most pool covers are strong enough to support the weight of a child or animal, making sure that nothing can fall in accidentally. Be sure to check with the pool cover provider to ensure that the cover is strong enough to be safe in the every circumstance. To be sure of safety, you may want to consider buying a “Pool Safety Net” to go over your pool cover, which provides an extra strong boundary that ensures that if children or animals land on the pool cover, they do not fall into the pool.
Pool Safety Nets – Extra safety for your pool:
Many parents opt for a pool safety net to ensure protection and safety for their children, by controlling the access to their swimming pool. The net is custom fitted to your pool, and is easy to use. Pool safety nets are strong, and can support the weight of a child or animal if it accidentally falls into the pool area.
Pool Safety nets specialize in providing a safe membrane to cover your pool, to ensure that no accidents can happen when your swimming pool is out of use. Easy to operate, they can be used in conjunction with swimming pool covers to make sure that your covered pool is safe for children and animals. The pool safety net can simply be placed over the swimming pool cover, to create an extra strong partition that can support animals and children if they fall onto the net.
Whereas these nets cannot help with keeping your pool clean in the way that a pool cover can, pool safety nets can discourage birds from using your pool, which does result in cleaner water, and helps to prevent the diseases that can occur from bird’s droppings in the water.
However, for the best results, it is advisable to have both a swimming pool cover and a pool safety net fitted.
There are many kinds of nets and covers:
- Mesh pool covers
- Solar pool covers
- Plexiglass pool cover
- Dome pool covers
- Hardback spa covers
- Party pool cover
- Underground spa covers
- Pool safety net
- Walk on pool covers
- Retractable leaf cover
- Inground thermal pool covers
- Motorized spa hot tub covers
- Automatic pool debris cover
- Electronic pool covers
- Winter pool cover roller